Friday 9 August 2013

Are You Smaller Than You Think You Are?

Last November I weighed myself for the first time in a long time, only to found out I was two stone heavier than I thought I was and even at that, I the weight I thought I was was a stone heavier than I wanted to be! I'd just gotten so lazy with both my eating and with my exercising. Needless to say, something had to be done, there had to be a radical change to lose three stone.
I started going out more walks, replaced my chocolate treats with fruit, drank more water, took up ballet fitness but I didn't see very many results. Not meaning I didn't have results, my brain just failed to let me see them. A few weeks ago, I decided to weigh myself for the first time in 8 months, two stone, gone. I was two stone lighter and I didn't see a change, I couldn't celebrate my huge achievement because I couldn't see the difference.
I began to drive myself crazy, asking everyone if they could see a difference and even when they said 'you look tiny' or 'you can really notice how much you've lost in these last few months', I just assumed they were humouring me. I still felt as big as I did 8 months prior.

Then about a week ago, Something surfaced on Tumblr and everyone was trying it. It was a Body Shape Calculator by the clothing site, Marisota. Having a spare few minutes, I put in my guess to my size and then put in my measurements(I thought I was at the time, I'll get to this a little later.) and I had a lovely surprise...
22.5% smaller? 22.5% is big size difference. How is it possible for someone to see themselves almost a quarter bigger than they actually are? Like, I thought I was almost half way up the chart and I'm so small I'm not even the first body, I'm smaller. I know it might not be an exact science and there will be some margin for error but it just made me feel... well.. better.It made me think, my loved ones weren't lying to me, I really am skinny. I needed this confidence boost that it gave me, I needed to feel good about my body, my weight lose and my hard work. It's made me happy with my weight I don't feel like I need to lose that extra stone. I urge you to try this.

And do you want to top this? I measured myself last night, turns out my waist is smaller than I thought it was. By almost two inches! Last time I measured myself, I'd gotten it wrong. I hadn't lost an inch off my waist this year, it was almost 3 inches! This gives me a 10 inch difference between my waist and my butt and a 9 inch difference between my waist and my bust, I'm a 'perfect hour glass' and I love it.
Today I just feel so good about my body, I feel both skinny and curvy and I want to sing from the rooftops how much I love it! Now to reward myself with an Alpro Soya dessert!




love from
ZXSquecktrum

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...